| What a great feeling... |
OK. I've gone a bit crazy. When I got home this evening from my afternoon 20km cycling I felt that I had a little bit more energy left so I decided to go for a midnight run.
I ran for 10km tonight and feel really great apart form a blister on my left feet. I keep getting a blister there. Must discover why. I think my left feet is smaller than my right which means it has a bit more room to move in the shoe.
Tonights splits are:
1. 4:38
2. 4:03
3. 4:12
4. 4:12
5. 4:12
6. 4:13
7. 4:12
8. 4:12
9. 4:08
10: 4:01
11. 4:12
12. 4:07
13. 4:18
14. 4:02
58 min 30 secs for first 5 km
4 mins 10 secs per lap
15. 3:43
16. 3:50
17. 3:55
18. 3:57
19. 3:39
20. 3:43
21. 3:43
22. 3:47
23. 3:36
24. 3:41
25. 3:26
26. 3:15
27. 2:42
28. 2:46
49 mins 43 secs for final 5 km
3 mins 33 secs per lap
Total time 108 mins 13 secs (1hr 48 mins 13 secs).
This is now my current personal best beating the last time of 1 hr 50 mins. Nothing suprising as I've only done it twice but still any improvements should be celebrated and welcomed.
| 10 km on the Polar FT60 |
The last 5km was faster than the first 5km by 8 mins 47 secs which is not suprising as all the lap times for the last 5km was under 4 mins. I'm really happy that the last 2 laps was under 3 mins. Given time, as I lose weight and my technique improves and my stamina improves I think I have a real shot at 1 hour for the 10 km. If I can sustain 2:42 for 14 laps I'll hit a 33 min mark for the 5 km. Let's see what happens in the next 3 months.
I have to keep an eye on my resting heart rate in the morning as I don't want to suffer from over training.
About Reza Ali
Reza Ali Reactivated tells of the journey of Reza Ali as he embarks on transforming himself from a 120kg (35kg overweight) 46 inch waist unhealthy and unfit person to someone who can compete in a triathlon. Don't be afraid to dream. Take action. Correct your mistakes. Learn from failures. Bit by bit, you will get closer to your dream.
If I Can Do It, So Can You.....
Come and support Reza by joining the Reza Ali Reactivated Fan Page on Facebook

0 comments:
Post a Comment