Anyway, enough about NCIS. Back to my Daily Log.
RACE REPORT - ENERGIZER NIGHT RACE
I spent a great deal of the morning writing my Race Report for last night's run. It took me well over 2 hours of writing to get all my thoughts out. Quite a piece I must say. I wanted to make sure I write all my experience down both as a way to make sure I remember what happened and to brush up my writing. Reading the piece now, I wish I had added more things in it. Maybe I'll write an addendum.
Still, the race was something that I and a lot of others, will not forget in awhile. The comments are still being posted on the Energizer Night Race Facebook Page. There's a lot of annoyed people out there and I am sure monday's going to be interesting.
RUN
To finish of the week I went on a night run tonight. A simple 5 km tempo run. I have to admit, I ate too much during dinner (treated ourselves to Pizza Hut tonight) and found the run to be a bit too uncomfortable for my stomach. Not one to give up I pushed on for the 1 hour run I had planned.
The temo run was simple:
Phase 1 15 minutes warm up
Phase 2 10 minutes moderate pace
Phase 3 10 minutes hard race pace
Phase 4 10 minutes moderate pace
Phase 5 15 minutes warm down.
The POLAR data:
Time 60 mins
Average cadence 67 (79 for hard pace)
Average stride length 60 cm (69 cm for hard pace)
Average Heart Rate 73% MHR (84% for hard pace)
Running distance 4.73 km
Calories burnt 780 kcal
My pace during the hard run Phase 3 is about 7.50 mins per km which if I sustained would bring me to to a time of 37 mins for the 5km. I have to learn to sustain this pace at the 80%-85% heart rate so that I can bring my time down.
I felt quite good with tonight's run and it sort of makes up for last nights disaster.
Tomorrow is light an easy day. Well deserved I think.
About Reza Ali
Reza Ali Reactivated tells of the journey of Reza Ali as he embarks on transforming himself from a 120kg (35kg overweight) 46 inch waist unhealthy and unfit person to someone who can compete in a triathlon. Don't be afraid to dream. Take action. Correct your mistakes. Learn from failures. Bit by bit, you will get closer to your dream.
If I Can Do It, So Can You.....
Come and support Reza by joining the Reza Ali Reactivated Fan Page on Facebook


0 comments:
Post a Comment