If I can do it So can You

If I can do it So can You
Thanks for dropping by. This blog describes my journey in transforming myself from a 120kg obese and overweight person suffering from a sedentary lifestyle to a fighting fit (hopefully) triathlete. This journey is a tough one and there has been many setbacks as well as the occasional win. I'm writing to inspire others to do the same. IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU...

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daily Log 19 April 2011

Having a bit of fun.
Photo by Johan Sopiee
MUSINGS AND THOUGHTS

I spent the day doing catching up on some work as well as preparing for a workshop I'm holding next week. I'm a trainer and consultant in my 'normal' life and, I have to say, I do a pretty good job at it. I've training sessions for well over 2000 participants in the last 2 years and it's nice to keep in touch with them. Lots of new programmes to design this year to fulfill a need that I see in terms of people and personal development.

My training for the triathlon has changed the way I conduct my training programmes. I have a greater understanding of how the mind works and I've developed ways to take advantage of that. Needless to say, the content of my programmes has also changed. I feel this year will be a good year for me in my work. I want to start conducting public programmes as well as the new programmes I mentioned earlier.


Tomorrow I've been asked to speak at an Instructor's Training Programme (ITP) which is a train the trainer programme for the Money and You programme. Money and You is one of the training programmes I attended nearly 7 years ago which has had a tremendous impact on my life. To be asked to speak at the ITP is a great honour and a strong validation of the changes I've myself through.

Enuff said about that.

Photo by Johan Sopiee
BIKE

I was supposed to go for a run this evening but opted for the bike instead. I did my usual programme on the POLAR RS 800 which goes as follows:

Phase 1 Warm up 15 minutes
Phase 2 Hard 20km
Phase 3 Warm down 15 minutes




The POLAR data as follows:

(during Phase 2)
Average Heart Rate 70% MHR
Average pace 1.29 min per km
Average Cadence 76
Distance covered 20.01 km (total- 32.35 km)
Calories 657 kcal
Time 29 min 43 sec (total time 59 minutes)

This is actually an improvement over last weeks workout on the bike (similar programme). My time for 20km has improved and this is the first time I've gone under 30 minutes. Let's see what happens in a few months time.

Woo hoo and yee haa....

Now I'm gonna think about what I'm going to say tomorrow......


About Reza Ali

Reza Ali Reactivated tells of the journey of Reza Ali as he embarks on transforming himself from a 120kg (35kg overweight) 46 inch waist unhealthy and unfit person to someone who can compete in a triathlon. Don't be afraid to dream. Take action. Correct your mistakes. Learn from failures. Bit by bit, you will get closer to your dream.

If I Can Do It, So Can You.....

Come and support Reza by joining the Reza Ali Reactivated Fan Page on Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...