If I can do it So can You

If I can do it So can You
Thanks for dropping by. This blog describes my journey in transforming myself from a 120kg obese and overweight person suffering from a sedentary lifestyle to a fighting fit (hopefully) triathlete. This journey is a tough one and there has been many setbacks as well as the occasional win. I'm writing to inspire others to do the same. IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daily Log 9 May 2011

SWIM

After a week of focussing on running I wanted to have a relaxing easy day today so I went for some laps at the pool. I bought myself some paddles and i wanted to get familiar with them before I go for my second triathlon swim workout.

One of my main issues with swimming is to be able to do bilateral breathing, i.e. breathing on both sides. Right now I breath on my right side. Though far from perfect, my breathing on my right side is far more graceful and superior than the breathing on my left.


I am not able to relax myself enough to trust the water at the moment. As a result my left side breathing is a picture of chaos and panic. There were many times when I inhaled in water instead of air. I just have ot get used to the idea and make sure I do lots of drills and breathing exercises.

TRAINING TIP

Tomorrow I will go all out with running in the morning and getting on the bike in the afternoon and finish off with some Core Workouts in the evening. I am slowly increasing intensity and duration of my daily workouts and getting my body ready for longer distances like a half marathon as well as the Olympic Distance Triathlon.

The increase cannot be abrupt and should follow the 10% rule, i.e. increase duration and/or distance and/or intensity 10% at a time. Abrupt increases in either of them could result in injury which is definitely what we don't want.

So, remember to gradually increase training. Abrupt increases are sure recipes for injury.

NOTE: I need to start reminding people that all the tips I write about comes from books and articles that I read. I am hardly the expert on the stuff and am still learning the stuff. If you haven't been working out or running for a lont time, make sure you check with your doctors before you start working out. Better to be safe.


About Reza Ali

Reza Ali Reactivated tells of the journey of Reza Ali as he embarks on transforming himself from a 120kg (35kg overweight) 46 inch waist unhealthy and unfit person to someone who can compete in a triathlon. Don't be afraid to dream. Take action. Correct your mistakes. Learn from failures. Bit by bit, you will get closer to your dream.

If I Can Do It, So Can You.....

Come and support Reza by joining the Reza Ali Reactivated Fan Page on Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...