If I can do it So can You

If I can do it So can You
Thanks for dropping by. This blog describes my journey in transforming myself from a 120kg obese and overweight person suffering from a sedentary lifestyle to a fighting fit (hopefully) triathlete. This journey is a tough one and there has been many setbacks as well as the occasional win. I'm writing to inspire others to do the same. IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU...

Monday, February 28, 2011

Me and my new toys today....

Check out my personalised top...  
Mondays are supposed to be an easy day for me. But I bought new swimming gear today and I couldn't resist going into the pool especially to make up for yesterday's let down. I needed some new swimming shorts so I stopped by a Speedo outlet and bought a Thinswim 1.0 swimming shorts. It's very different from the usual swim shorts I am used to. This one feels rubbery to the touch and is made from the same stuff that the wet suits are made of. When I tried it, it was barely a fit and was very very very tight. But I knew that these things have a strange way of fitting differently in the water. Sure enough when I hit the water it loosened up a felt very comfortable.



I had done a lot of reading over the last few days on Total Immersion Swimming. There's a lot of free stuff on their site including a particularly useful pdf on drills and technique. So I tried out some of the drills. I think it really helped me as I was able 2 lengths of the pool and not feel like I'm gonna collapse any second. I did have a sort of major blow out later when I took the trunks off as body parts sort off went berserk from all the tight confinement. I swished I had bought the top though. I have to admit I still feel a bit self conscious especially around the pool. Have to care less about that and get that top.

All in all I swam for 200m before I stopped and started to have fun with my other new toy, the water proof Olympus Mju Tough 8010 digital camera.

I took some video and will upload later once I'm done editing.

In a nutshell, today was very satisfying.


About Reza Ali

Reza Ali ReActivated tells of the journey of Reza Ali as he embarks on transforming himself from a 120kg (35kg overweight) 46 inch waist unhealthy and unfit person to someone who can compete in a triathlon. Don't be afraid to dream. Take action. Correct your mistakes. Learn from failures. Bit by bit, you will get closer to your dream.

If I Can Do It, So Can You.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...