Today was a 5km run and done at an average of 77% MHR which is on the high side of the medium effort and I am trying very hard not to go beyond 80% MHR. I also focussed a lot on my POSE Method running technique. Kicking and lifting the legs is an important part of maintaining the POSE form. My problem is that when I start to kick and lift faster and higher. My heart rate shoots up.
This is going to take a long time in order for me to maintain the POSE form at this low effort and low speed. But what else have I got to do eh? I am still dreaming of being able to run a 30 minute 5km at 80% effort and this is what it takes to do it.
Another thing I paid attention to is my cadence or stride pace. I have a very low cadence which contributes to my slow speed. If I want to run faster at the same heart rate, my body and brain needs to learn to have a higher cadence and be efficient about doing it.
Let's see what happens in the next few months.
About Reza Ali
Reza Ali Reactivated tells of the journey of Reza Ali as he embarks on transforming himself from a 120kg (35kg overweight) 46 inch waist unhealthy and unfit person to someone who can compete in a triathlon. Don't be afraid to dream. Take action. Correct your mistakes. Learn from failures. Bit by bit, you will get closer to your dream.
If I Can Do It, So Can You.....
Come and support Reza by joining the Reza Ali Reactivated Fan Page on Facebook


0 comments:
Post a Comment