I started very slowly on intensity 1 and upped the intensity every 6 minutes. My heart rate gradually rose from 55% all the way to 75% when I upped the intensity to 6 30 minutes after I started. This follows my new workout rule on warming up. To bring my heart rate to 85% MHR (see here for my explanation on Maximum Heart Rate - MHR) I had to increase my stride rate from 45 to 75 per minutes. After staying at 85% MHR for 10 minutes I began to warm down bringing the intensity from 6 to 1 slowly and my heart rate from 85% MHR to 50% MHR slowly in 15 minutes.
My average heart rate was 62% MHR. That felt like such a great workout.
Remember, train slow to race faster.........
About Reza Ali
Reza Ali Reactivated tells of the journey of Reza Ali as he embarks on transforming himself from a 120kg (35kg overweight) 46 inch waist unhealthy and unfit person to someone who can compete in a triathlon. Don't be afraid to dream. Take action. Correct your mistakes. Learn from failures. Bit by bit, you will get closer to your dream.
If I Can Do It, So Can You.....
Come and support Reza by joining the Reza Ali Reactivated Fan Page on Facebook

0 comments:
Post a Comment